At the nudging of a friend in the blogging world, I finally sat down with a pen and paper and came up with some goals for this coming year. These are not “New Years Resolutions”, but solid goals that I can work toward and mark off of a physical list. I’m calling them My Goals for 2016 (Personal and Business/Blogging).
How creative of me, right?? Ha!
I have a personal list (for me) and a blogging list (for my business). I’m also hoping to sit down with my husband sometime next weekend and write some goals for us together – for our family, our finances, etc. (He’s working evenings right now so our schedules are all wonky… but we will have a long weekend together to plan!)
In the meantime – here are my current lists. I tried to keep them reasonable and attainable – but also challenging enough to keep me going and not get complacent with trying to achieve them!
- Stop yelling at my kids. This is a biggie for me – the one I fear the most that I won’t be able to accomplish. For some of you that may sound horrible, but I know from my own family and friends that it’s a real struggle for many, many moms. After seeing that image floating around Facebook this last week – I really settled it in my heart that I want to do this!
- Read a book a month (including the 6 business books I’ll mention below… so 6 non-business and 6 business) (update: LIST HERE)
- Read my Bible daily and begin journaling my prayers again.
- Walk 5 days a week.
- Have a girl’s night out at least once a month with a friend (or friends).
- Host a game night and/or dinner for friends at least bi-monthly.
- Do everything required to establish my blog as a legal business (should’ve done this a long, long time ago)… get a Tax ID #, apply for a business license as an LLC, etc.
- Read at least 6 business books. (listed here)
- Work through at least six of the nine classes/ebooks/courses/resources that I have purchased to use for blog improvement. My goal is to finish one every 2 months.* See my list here.
- Write here at Rose Atwater at least 2x a week; write at Rose Bakes at least 3x a week – including one sponsored post per week.
- Write two ebooks – one to offer as a freebie for email subscribers and one to sell.
- Have a $10,000 month – earn that much in one month of income from my online business. I’m already earning close to $4000 a month so I hope to continue and build to more than double that by the end of 2016!
- Learn to do videos for my blog and actually begin publishing them.
- Go to another Blogging Conference (maybe? I’m not 100% committed to this yet, but I enjoyed Blended last year, learned a lot, made some friends in the blogging world and last but not least, made connections that have been very beneficial to my blog growth.
Okay – that’s all for now but tomorrow I’ll be back with a list of the blogging resources I mentioned in #3 of my business goals and a list of the books I’m hoping to read (fiction and non-fiction – for business, personal growth and enjoyment too!)
Happy 2016! Don’t forget – leave me a comment – I’d love to hear if you set goals, how you go about it, or even a list of what those goals are for this year!