A bit late, but Happy New Year! Writing a list of 1000 gifts was such a blessing last year (see my last post here) – it challenged me and made me look for the good in each and every day. I cannot imagine not doing it again this year, so I started out on Day 1 with a fresh list – a new count.
If you’d like to read more about the #1000gifts challenge, hop over to A Holy Experience. The bottom line is that you keep a journal – naming 3 things, 3 gifts for each day of the year. Ann gives ideas and prompts over at her site, but I often just list things that were special to me in a day, things I was thankful for or enjoyed … anything that I count as a gift! At the end of the year, you’ll have listed over 1000 gifts. And if you plan to participate – please leave me a comment! I promise you won’t regret it!
PS… I don’t know when I was thinking about posting this. Instead of it being one week of gifts, I realized tonight that I was already on the 13th of the month. Oops. I guess I’ll *plan* to post every Monday, but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll just post when it occurs to me… ha!
PS again. I have more pics that go with some of these gifts, but I’m too lazy to look them up tonight. Oh well.
January 1, 2014
1. A full day spent with my family! Fun, fun, fun!
2. Black-eyed peas and cornbread.
3. Blokus with the hubby and siblings.
January 2, 2014
4. Heart-to-heart talks with Joshua
5. Big bear hugs from Asher
6. Cake orders.
January 3, 2014
7. Day out with my baby girl and Mama
8. Finding a “baby” for my baby boy – he loves it!!
9. Krispy Kreme donuts.
10. A phone call with my bestie!
January 4, 2014
11. A day to do nothing
12. A baby (boy) doll for my baby boy
13. Fresh hair cuts
January 5, 2014
14. A new budget in the works!
15. Pepto (bleh… it’s been a bad day for my stomach!)
16. Game time with the kids 🙂
January 6, 2014
17. Leftover Corn, Potato & Bacon Chowder.
18. A good report from a doctor.
January 7, 2014
19. Oatmeal Crispies and a glass of milk after a long, trying day.
20. A clean living room
21. Our new floor project has begun!
January 8, 2014
22. A new Bible study at church
24. Old comfy shoes
January 9, 2014
25. Homemade fondant – made at home by my husband *BONUS*
26. Frozen pizza
27. A new bird picture from my 7 year old
January 10, 2014
28. A note from a friend… it’s not new, but it still brought tears to my eyes.
29. Workers who show up on time!
30. A hard-working husband.
January 11, 2014
31. An evening of visiting and talking with my (not-so) baby brother – he’s one of my closest friends and I’m very blessed to have him in my life.
32. New shoes that make my teenager happy 🙂
33. Best. Husband.Ever. He was coming home late and stopped at a gas station to get me root beer float ingredients… love!!
January 12, 2014
34. Lunch out with our whole family!
35. Opportunities to plan big meals for friends and family… my favorite thing!
36. Clean floors
What have your gifts been this week?